Trusted external content represents an overlooked asset that is seldom incorporated on Medicare Advantage plan websites. Frankly, it puzzles me as both a Medicare Advantage plan member and as a website consultant familiar with all 150+ MA plan websites that such content is unavailable to plan members and caregivers. Too many MA websites simply display the minimum external content or links required by CMS Medicare Marketing Guidelines, e.g., Medicare.gov. Many websites also include SSA.gov but little more.
Below are two trusted external content resources that should be available on every MA plan website for enhancing user engagement. Best of all — the content is totally free!
- Go paperless—get your “Medicare & You” electronically!
- What is the Donut Hole?
- Spot the signs of ovarian cancer
- Protect your Medicare by protecting your Medicare number
- Turning 65 soon? Transitioning to dual Medicare and Medicaid coverage and getting help with costs
- Finding a hospice provider just got easier
- Get your Medicare Summary Notices (MSNs) electronically
- 3 tips for people in the Qualified Medicare Beneficiary Program
- Nursing Home Compare quality ratings now work better for you
- Protecting yourself from pneumonia is easy